Karleen Grummett wants followers of the Empty Chair Project to know that booklets are available to those of you who donated to the project but were unable to attend the dedication. If you would like a booklet of your own, please contact her by email at email@example.com by October 1st and she will send you a copy.
The booklet itself contains:
1. A historical background of the evacuation and internment of the Japanese population on the west coast of the United States.
2. An introduction to the Empty Chair Project
3. A list of those interned.
4. A detailed history of the Juneau Japanese community.
5. A “Special Thanks” section expressing gratitude to a large group of people who helped make the Empty Chair Memorial a reality in many differing ways.
6. A list of donors to the memorial fund at the Juneau Community Foundation.
7. A short history of the Empty Chair Committee, its genesis and purpose.
8. A copy of the Empty Chair Memorial Dedication ceremony.
The booklet itself is a wonderful collection of information and is a jewel of a publication. So, if you’re interested, be sure and contact Karleen, its author and creator. We are fortunate to have money from the NPS grant that funds this publication and the postage to send it to you!
Remember, the deadline is October 1st!